Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Communication Slowdown

In an ill-timed mishap, apparently a trans-atlantic communication cable was damaged. The result was that the base, along with the entire AOR restricted internet use on official computers to official business only: i.e. no ".com" websites. So in order to check email I have to come to the cyber cafe. This also affects the DSN phone lines, so I cannot call home during my off time at work, only from the cyber cafe. Other communication slowdowns have been from the US to here. I have been trying to ask my squadron about the exact date I will return home, as well as trying to plan ahead for taking some vacation time, but have not heard back on either. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it somehow has to do with the damaged cable...

No comments: